MPBA-FES Nationals 2020
*** PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO THE COVID 19 RESTRICTIONS, IT IS WITH REGRET THAT THE EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED ***
If you are a fast electric boat racer then this is the premier event to pit yourself and your boats against the best racers from the UK (and maybe the world).
As this is an MPBA organised event, all UK entrants MUST have current MPBA membership. If you are not currently a member, you can join here. (Note: Racers from other countries wishing to enter as guests do not need MPBA membership.)
The event will of course be run under MPBA-FES rules which can be found in the Rule Book and the Race Rules Addendum. (Note: These rules are largely the same as Naviga rules but there are some differences so please read carefully. The major difference is that we have two additional battery options as well as the Naviga battery rules).
Timing will be by MyLaps RC4 and so you will need to use a compatible transponder (ie. RC4 Pure or Hybrid). Note: The MRT mPTX Transponder has also been shown to work with our system.
The Transponders will be available for hire at the event if you don’t have your own.
In addition to the options allowed by the 2020 Naviga rules, another option will be allowed for the 2020 Nationals. (See Race Rules Addendum for more details).
1) Unlimited weight but capacity limited packs.
2) Naviga 2020 rules packs.
3) Limiters with unlimited weight or capacity batteries.
If you choose to use a limiter, you will need to go to race control in order to have it programmed with the correct settings, which are:-
- Ramp Down Time = 5 secs
- Dead Time = 60 secs
- Energy Level 1 (mini classes) = 21 WattHr(1260 WattMin)
- Energy Level 2 (M1/H1/ECO Expert classes) = 60 WattHr(3600WattMin)
- Energy Level 3 (M2/H2/Cat classes) = 120 WattHr(7200WattMin)
The limiter must be connected as follows:-
1) It must be wired so that the limiter remains powered even when the kill switch is removed.
2) The throttle signal wire from the receiver must connect to the limiter signal input.
3) The signal output from the limiter must connect to the ESC input.
Friday July 3rd – Setup and practice, followed in the evening by the MPBA-FES AGM
Saturday July 4th – Race day
Sunday July 5th – Race day followed by prize giving
The venue is, as usual, at the Bridlington Model Boat Society lake. As many of you will know, this is an excellent facility which continues to improve.Lancaster Road
+ Google Map
Due to the growth of the Trucking and Rock Crawling sections, the camping area is now reduced in size from that which you may have become accustomed. In addition, due to concerns highlighted by our insurers, we the MPBA-FE committee have a duty to restrict camping in the areas immediately at the end of the straights.
To clarify where you can camp, please refer to this map.
The classes that are planned to run are as follows:-
Mini Hydro Sprint
In addition, two team events will be run:-
Team Mini Mono
However, each event will only be run if there are sufficient entrants.
The entrance fee is £8 per class entered. (£10 per team for team events)
*** The fee must be paid by 14th June 2020. *** Transponder hire: £2 per transponder.
How to pay:
Two payment options are available.
1) Bank Transfer (preferred) Account name: Model Powerboat Association Fast Electric Section Sort Code: 55-61-00 Acct’ No: 32381328 If you use this method, please email the treasurer when you have transferred the fee. Note: This link will not work if you use a web based email client. If this applies to you, send the information to (email@example.com)
2) Cheque (if you must) Payable to: Model Powerboat Association Fast Electric Section Send To:
Martin Harvey, 8 Clay Hill, Enfield, EN2 9AA
How to register:
If you raced in the Nationals last year, you will be entered on a “seeded” basis unless you indicate that you wish to be entered as “random”. When you have decided which classes you wish to enter, please email them along with your (valid) MPBA number and seeding/random choice to:- Note: This link will not work if you use a web based email client. If this applies to you, send the information to (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Only competitors that have registered (and paid) before the deadline (14th June 2020) will be entered.
Total Registries = 23
Num’ of Registrants = 10
Nationals 2020 Registrations
|Class||Registrant||Seeded / Random|
|Paul Upton Taylor||R|
|Mini Hydro Sprint|