On 26th Oct 2019, Naviga held there bi-annual General Assembly. In a dramatic move, the complete leadership were replaced.
The new leadership are as follows:-
- Walter Geens (Belgium) – President of the Naviga
- Zdenka Dostalova (Czech Republic) – Vice President of Naviga
- Jaroslaw Leoniec (Poland) – II Vice President of Naviga
- Daniel Ciosu (Romania) – Secretary General of Naviga
- Adrian Stolarek (Poland) – Treasuer of Naviga
In a statement from the new President, it is clear that many changes are likely to take place. Some of the stated intensions so far are:-
- Reduce the costs of the organisation which will result in reduced costs for the member countries.
- All sections to hold a world championship every two years.
- Make the Naviga accounts much more transparent.
- Introduce training programs for juniors.
- Improve the visibility of Naviga on social media.
You can find more details at http://naviga-restoration.eu/?fbclid=IwAR0BjQQvjhV9mMFIQRGYcMh6_k_CGmM67ojSoQkhdssWx3pkhu3-jjso38c
As a result of this news, the position of leader of the M section will become vacant and so if anyone from the UK would like to put their head above the parapet then please contact Walter Geens.